but in all honesty I'm so upset about it I feel like all I would write would be obscenities
So I'm sparing you
Instead I'm asking you to please go here:
http://www.oprah.com/article/oprahshow/20080911_tows_predators
and do as much as you can!!!
We can not just push this issue under the rug and pretend like it doesn't happen
Look at the statistics:
15% of sexual assault and rape victims are under age 12.
7% of girls in grades 5-8 and 12% of girls in grades 9-12 said they had been sexually abused.
- Of these, 75% were girls.
- Nearly 30% of child victims were between the age of 4 and 7.
93% of juvenile sexual assault victims know their attacker.
- 34.2% of attackers were family members.
- 58.7% were acquaintances.
- Only 7% of the perpetrators were strangers to the victim.
3 comments:
I think charging women are just going to make women report it less because people are not going to want to pay. I think it is cruel to make women pay for there own rape kits when they had just been attacked especially in a state where rape is the worst
Thanks for making this bill aware to people. Sexually abused children are a huge problem in this day and age, and I think we should do everything we can do to help and protect our children. It could scar less people, maybe depression and future problems for adults who were sexually abused during their childhood would deplete.. Who knows? I will be contacting my senator about this bill.
I agree with you about Palin and I wish more people know about what she did! I'm outraged! I'm happy the bill was passed!
Post a Comment