Okay this makes me so weirded out that I just had to share!
A restaurant owner in Switzerland, by the name of Hans Locher plans to have a menu for his new restaurant that consist of soups, stews, and sauces that contain –drum roll please-
Breast milk. Oh yes breast milk. Apparently he says his reason behind it is that, "We have all been raised on it. Why should we not include it into our diet?” I don’t really know which makes me more uncomfortable. The fact that this idea could actually come to be or the question of how will he get said milk. I mean how many mothers will want to help this man out? I think that nothing like this would ever happen in the US, seeing how we are pretty rigid when it comes to well umm everything but especially about a breast milk. Who could forget the big freak-out over women breast feeding in public. So could my pretty visceral reaction be in large part to my American upbringing or is there really something cardinally wrong with it. After researching the benefits/disadvantages to drinking breast milk as an adult I found a couple of things. One being that women actual sell breast milk to men who enjoy drinking it (ughh). Also, while there is no documented evidence specifically on using breast milk in adults, there is however, people who drink it to combat illness and even some people who believe it can cure cancer. In 1995, scientists at Lund University used a compound found in breast milk to kill brain tumor cells in a test tube and it seemed to have worked. The same research team, in 2004, used the breast milk compound to destroy many warts caused by HPV. This really surprised me, having not heard this news before. Hmmm… so if it works will people actually begin drinking it or will personal beliefs cause people to stay away (much like stem cell research etc).
A Double Shot at Love
17 years ago
1 comment:
I heard the place was not allowed to use it because the milk could not be regulated. He was not allowed to serve the food to the public because of health issues. The milk came from his wife and thier close friends.
Post a Comment