Saturday, November 29, 2008

This is why I don't shop there

Shopping with my girlfriend and her sister we went into -shudders- American Eagle... Apparel whatever. Well we walked into one of those trend clothing stores that teens flock to. Dragged to the junior department, we waited impatiently for her sister to be done. Scanning through the new fashions I noticed how tiny the shirts looked on the rack.
Now I understand that we were in the junior section, so clothes would be smaller but these clothes were extremely small. Curious to see what size it was, I was shocked to find that the back of the sweater was clipped. Clipped, to my amazement to appear to be much smaller then the actual size. Upon my discovery, I quickly looked at each display shirt only to find that each and every one was clipped back. My girlfriend (much braver then I) went up to the cashier and in a feminist frenzy asked if there was any real reason to do such a thing. He replied with a mumble, a shrug and finally told us that it’s just policy in the juniors department. Resulting in my girlfriend and I leaving in a huff.

Which makes me wonder…..
How many other stores do this?
Do they actually have a real reason,
or does this policy lead it’s self only to continue the lowered body image of America youth?
What do you all think?
Am I reading too much into this
or is there really something fishy going on at ‘Eagle.

1 comment:

CallMeSasha said...

I never shop at American Eagle. aside from being extremley over priced for the cheap clothes they sell the clothes are only fot the super skinny. I think all of those kinds of store just create like cookie cutter girls that dress exactly the same. unless you have a fake tan and bleached hair dont be expected to feel welcome in those stores.what ever happened to individual style.